A few weeks ago we went to Wyoming to see our family and for them to love on the boys. It is there that C took his real official 1st steps, and additional steps in front of all our family to see. I feel bad that T-rav missed it (he couldn't go with us) but it was irreplaceable moments for grandparents who rarely get to see these adorable boys......so I guess God gave em that one. ;-)
C also started waving "hi" "bye" while we were there and even said the word "hi" for the 1st time. That kid was on a roll!
Did I remember to bring my camera on this fun-filled-trip-of-mommy-flying-by-herself-with-2-little-boys? NOPE! So lame, I know. But hey I got all 3 of us there, in one peace, with NO meltdowns.....course I'm talking about mommy here, not the boys. Our 2 hour layover in Denver turned out to be 4 hours. I took the news in stride but made a comment after J said something about "when we get to Wyoming" and I responded with "yeah, if we ever get there" to which my little encourager said to me "oh, mommy don't be silly. We'll get there". J you are so sweet, buddy! I laughed and said "thanks buddy for keeping me positive". Funny how God can use your 3 year old to keep you level headed.
Some cute things about C:
-He's a morning person and loves waking up. He'll play in his crib for a good 20 mins just giggling and babbling sweet noises.
-I promise I heard him say big brother's name a few weeks ago. Course it sounded more like dat-ton, but he was looking right at him and saying it, so it had to be it. But T-rav thinks I'm full of it....what's new? ;-)
-When he gets sleepy he just lays on his blanket and starts kicking the floor with his foot. Such a strange child, right?
-He's not as voicetours as big bro but definitely came from the same 2 strong willed people.....wow, determined and stubborn, foe sho!
-A lover through and through. If he can sit on you, then he is. If he can climb on you, he will. If he can lay on you, it's a done deal. Touch, touch and more touch is this boy.
-Despises fruit. Fruit make C ANGRY!!! Loves steamed veggies, including spinach (alrighty then), roasted asparagus and can't get enough of oatmeal or pasta. He's a little particular about which particular pasta he'll grace his 4 teeth with, so I guess he's a picky eater, but mommy is too..... so I can roll with it.
-that's right folks.....F-O-U-R TEETH! The 2 bottom are up fully and 2 (maybe 3) are peering out from the top gum line.
-says a few words (that only mom or dad understand of course)....
bird
dog (he's slightly confused about the deer about back and calls them dogs as well)
wa-hoo (says this when brother is jumping on the couch, not sure if he's cheering him on or just excited about the jumping)
hi (he waves like mad and says hi to every new face we encounter....it's almost like he's running for mayor.......shaking hands and kissin babies, lol!)
-walking walking and walking. I started typing this post last week and now as of Tuesday, Apr 26 he's a full-fledged walker. Started on Sunday, he walked most of the day, but yesterday and today so far have not had any crawling action. I'd forgotten how cute the drunken-sailor walk is.
-loves dogs. The same book that spurred on J's 1st word (dog) is getting some slobbery love action from C. He kisses the same English Mastiff through out the book.
-he's an animal lover like his daddy. He loves all animals and wants to touch them if he can. Which makes seeing the deer a pain.....talk about a sad moment when they run like lighting from us because C is squealing from excitement.....then the tears that come because he didn't get to touch them.
And now for the picture roll.........
Outside gettin a swim in
to which it explodes into wrestle mania 2011
About a month ago I caught this little climbing monkey just chillin on the couch. He had helped himself up there through the means of his handy dandy toy chair. Then I noticed he knew how to get down as well. Climbers amaze me at the things they will try. So here he is, just scootin on back down

and, ya just slide on down.....nothing to it, folks

so proud of himself! Poor kid had eye junk going on with an ear infection again......

Heading to the airport. He was so proud of his new backpack.....mommy does whatever it takes to make happy flyers.....oh, you say a new backpack will help you be a special big boy helper? Done. Don't judge, it worked perfectly.

Apparently this is his favorite outfit, cause I took this picture after we got back home. This is the road to our house (for the grandma's that are curious what the terrain in Austin is like)



Having a little fresh beat band session
He was so tired one afternoon that he fell asleep next to daddy while helping him play a spelling game. Apparently learning is boring enough to put this kid to sleep.....I hope school doesn't make him a narcoleptic. ha! ha!

J winking at me....so funny! He'll tell me "I'm just teasin ya mom" and then do this. He actually learned winking from mommy.....probably the ONLY thing he likes to do like his mommy....well that and be a drag -queen by walking around the house in my high heals. He'll grow out of that, right?


This picture is what makes all the mess worth it.
Brother's working on their car together....J's filling the tires with "air". A lot more manly than the high heals, no? maybe he's redeemed his man card with ya'll

He has no idea he was handed the short end of the stick...just happy big bro handed him a red truck, no matter it's 1/10th the size of the bigger one J held for himself

with the massive balloon bouquet I got at....you guessed it......H-E-B. I just adore me a sweet little grocery store like H-E-B


Reading time has taken on a whole new meaning now that C is involved. Notice how he's perched himself up on daddy?

J's little (and do I mean little) preschool. Pictured below is ALL of the kids from their preschool.....J's teacher, Miss K (or as I like to call her "brunette barbie") is on the right. She is probably one of the most sincere people I've ever met....a HUGE blessing in our life. She has 2 girls of her own, but boys in her class have her wrapped.

Off for the Easter egg hunt...nothing like watching a bunch of candy-crazed 3 and 4 year olds sprint across the field for brightly colored plastic eggs.

J and his friend. These two are like peas and carrots but get along so well. They were doing a little bartering with their egg bounty

C walking....step...


No comments:
Post a Comment