Wednesday, May 11

Randomness, at best

Ever seen the movie "A Christmas Story"? There's a part in there where the family is eating at the table and the main Character, Ralphie, randomly tells his parents that one of his friends saw a grizzly bear at the local candy store downtown. I can't quote it line for line, despite seeing this movie over a 100 times, but ol T-rav can. He's a movie quoting machine....anyway, sometimes when we are talking....ok, all the time when we are talking, I will have a thought enter by brain and I will just say it to him, whether is off-topic or not. To which he'll look at me and quote this movie line with a smile. In'it he cute? (insert sarcasm here)

It's not like I want to be off and random, but as anyone can attest to having little kids around, this is what my conversations with J are like all day. So you tend to pick up on it and have it as your rhetoric for adult conversations as well. (by the way, did you see that I tried to insert a big person word in there? I'm not even going to go to the online dictionary to look it up and make sure I'm using it correctly here.....my writing skills will just have to suffer until I can grow out of toddlerhood. Poke fun if you must, I love getting a good laugh). I feel like my brain is moving so fast to be ahead of the next teaching moment or lack there of, that having a real conversation takes a lot of brain power.

Dant-da-da-DA!....In walks my new friend! He really IS the God who sees me because THIS girl has got a new girlfriend to hang with that has a lot in common with me including the randomness, plus a sense of humor to boot....jackpot! (ah-hem, Um, I will NEVER tell her about this blog either. Well at least not until she has really gotten to know the crazy me. How would she feel that I was telling the whole blogging world that she is as much as a s-l-o-w and random thinker as me?) Anyway I just wanted to thank anyone who might read this occasionally and to let you know that He is answering prayers. I actually have 3 friends (more abundant that I can even count, is My God!) but this particular one, well it just clicks if you know what I mean.

I sometimes find myself lost and confused at Costco as well. Between being over stimulated by all the pretty things that Costco has to offer, looking at all the fun stuff with J, keeping food down C so he doesn't scream and run my moment that is "Costco" (this child is an eater some days), Oh and actually getting the things that are on my list, it can seem down right exhausting. I usually come home from a food shopping experience with my boys mentally fatuged and wanting to do nothing else for the rest of the day. Have I ever mentioned that I think as spoiled citizens of the USA we have WAY TOO many choices at the grocery store? Seriously, it's nice, but when you have chaos erupting amongst the buggy, sometimes I wish there wasn't so much to navigate your way through.

I've also discovered that I'm a sucker for "patent-pending" products. I was noticing in my bathroom alone there are 3, THREE things that I have bought BECAUSE this was stamped on it. Granted they weren't impulse purchases, but I did pick that particular one because it seemed to stand out amongst the others. I feel like if it has something that special about it, it feels like I won't be getting any false advertisement .....it does what it says it will do and no other product will be able to copy it because they have the exact secret to what makes it work the best. Which then made a random thought come into my head.....why don't they "patent" the Bible? I mean, as much as I have learned from it and changed old patterns in just the past 2 months alone is un-speakable measurements. It seriously is a get-what-you-paid-for-instructional-manual in the book of Proverbs alone, just thinking of how much could be grasp in the other 65 books makes my head spin. I know, I know, all you Bible history buffs probably have a whole lesson on why and how, but I was just sharing my simple, random thought.

I have some good and sad news to share as well. Our house in Ft Where sold :-(. My thoughts about "maybe we made a mistake and God is showing us by not letting our house sell" where blown to bits when after the 5th party to make an offer came swiftly, quickly and out of no-where. We had been working with another out of town couple, but they decided they didn't want to move to TX after all. But the next day another couple went and looked at the house in a down-pour rain, saw it in it's glory of a flooding swimming pool, deemed the house as perfect for them, made an offer that was perfect with no extras and wanted to close pronto. God is so good, that's all I can say. Course He's even better in other ways, as to how He keeps our family safe, together, healthy, provides, keeps children yearning to know more about Christ despite my ridiculousness, makes the sun rise......you know, the simple things in life. ha! ha! Most of all I'm grateful for His goodness to me and keeping my joy alive. I still love to laugh and I thats something that had almost disappeared when we 1st moved here. Glory be to God, alone!

K, our little morning person has risen and is getting impatient with me.....need to go retrieve him out of the crib before he starts getting that little leg over the rail. How does he do that?! Climbers will always amaze me!




No comments: