Last weekend we went camping with friends and although it wasn't Jackson's first camping trip it was definitely his first roughing it trip and sleeping in a tent. JT LOVED that he woke up on the air mattress he helped daddy blow up, with both his mommy and daddy sleeping right next to him. That little boy loves the great outdoors! JT and I did end up getting chiggers (click here if you want to see what these little buggers are) and I've been dousing us in Calamine lotion frequently. I'm hoping that they won't scar. I have them all around my stomach and JT has them down in his diaper area, with even a few on his bottom parts.....poor little baby!
Pics are always better than words right?
My sons first love (besides his mama) Miss Bekah. She put those 2 chairs up and then sat down and he ran right over and wanted to sit by her. He's always asking for her and can say her name as clear as day
Being a Sass-a-Frass......he's so sassy, so Bekah gave him that nickname a few weeks ago...I think it fits perfect

I think these 2 could get in a lot of trouble later on. Mikki and her little guy, Caleb, came and hung out with us for a while on Friday night. I don't get to see Mikki a whole lot and this summer her and Caleb will be going to London to spend the summer with the daddy (he's been working over there since Jan). Mikki is awesome, she is a high school teacher and basically been a single mom while Jia has been over seas....you never hear her complain. I need some of her joy

This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Bekah WT'd us up and got out the Christmas lights. In TX state parks each camping site has power and running water....actually pretty convenient. We were able to run JT's floor fan in our tent all night to stay cool and drown out the serenade of LOUD crickets

JT shoving a whole bean taco in his mouth at once...ahh, that kid. My neighbor says that he doesn't know he's white. All of the Estrada family laughs because the one white kid at all their parties is shoving tacos and tamales in his mouth and asking for salsa....yes he can say salsa, and it is so cute. He also gets mad if you give him a taco with out beans. He'll hand it back to you and say..."beans!" such a Sass-a-Frass. Good thing my neighbor keeps us stocked with homemade beans and corn tacos. I think she's in love with JT's kisses that he gives her and how he says "larla" (her name is Laura)

He's discovered that he can see the pictures after I've taken them so know he keeps asking even before the picture snaps..."I see"

His 2 favs...a taco and his "pishin po" so cute! Check out those HUGE thighs he inherited from me....they look better on a boy that a girl that's for sure

JT and Sammy talking about all the fish they are going to catch in the morning....they needed to be in bed, I think it was about 9 at this point

Helping daddy put the rain fly on....we checked the radar and seen that there was a 70% chance of rain during the night and the next day...hey we're adventurous!

The next morning. We did wake up to a slow rain, so we ended up packing up and heading home but it was so worth it.

Daddy and JT driving and checking out the truck camper as we drove by. Hmmmm, now I remember why my family has travel trailers....so it's not a muddy wet mess when you wake up, everything is inside protected with you and you can wait the rain out by playing cards. T-rav is now on the hunt for a truck camper for next year

Checking to make sure his BFF is still following us aka the boat. He didn't seem to care that we didn't end up riding on it at all, I think he's still young enough that just seeing it behind the truck is good enough

Pulling up on our street, he was wiped out from all the fun. He didn't end up going to bed till really late and then was up by 7 the next morn. We got to our house at 10:30 am and he slept till 1:30......un-heard of with this kid. I was glad because the mommy and daddy's didn't go to sleep till 12:30 am (great conversations and a warm fire, best camping trip yet) and then was up at the crack of dawn. T-rav and I got a few nap hours in too

1 comment:
I just love the pic of him with his taco and fishing pole. Way too cute. Hope y'all get some relief from those chigger bites.... those things SUCK!
Post a Comment